On Tuesday, August 19, the Calexico City Council passed and adopted a Level 2 Water Conservation Plan, in which local restrictions for outdoor use of portable water are now in place.
These are as follow:
1. Watering of lawns and ornamental landscapes shall be limited to three times per week on the following days:
* North of Hwy 98 shall water on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays only
* South of Hwy 98 shall water on Mondays, Wednesday s, and Fridays only
2. Watering of lawns and ornamental landscapes is prohibited the hours of 9 a.m. and 6 p.m.
3. The application of potable water to outdoor landscapes in a manner that causes runoff such that water flows onto adjacent property, non-irrigated areas, private and public, walkways, roadways, parking lots, or structures is prohibited
4. The use of a hose that dispenses potable water to wash a motor vehicle is prohibited, unless the hose is fitted with a shut-off nozzle or other device attached to the hose that causes it to cease dispensing water immediately when not in use
5. The application of potable water to driveways and sidewalks is prohibited
6. The use of potable water in a fountain or decorative water feature is prohibited unless water is re-circulated
7. All means of enforcement authorized under this code may be used to address violations of this chapter, including, but not limited to: criminal actions, nuisance abatement, civil actions, and administrative citations. Violations are punishable as an infraction and subject to fine of up to $500, per day.
For more information: